JOIN US IN TEACHING BYSTANDERS TO PUSH TO SAVE DURING EMS WEEK, MAY 21-27 2017
American Medical Response, International Association of Fire Chiefs and American College of Emergency Physicians are joining forces to provide the most extensive Bystander CPR trainings ever!
ANYONE CAN PARTICIPATE
Invite your local public safety personnel to partner with you.
HOW TO JOIN THE EFFORT
Plan to train individuals, organizations, businesses, bystanders or students in your communities (some communities even reach out to beachgoers, grocery shoppers or sports spectators) during EMS Week 2017. (May 21-27).
- If necessary, get permission from the proper authority
- Set up simple training using a manikin and teach bystanders the three simple steps of CPR
LEARNERS MUST PRACTICE SOME COMPRESSIONS AND KNOW THE STEPS BELOW
Check for responsiveness, if you find an adult that does not respond:
- Call 911
- Push hard and fast in the center of the chest until help arrives
- If others are available, switch compressors before you tire or every 2 minutes
- Tell someone to get an AED if possible
TO REPORT YOUR NUMBERS
At the end of your training session, log into the CPR Challenge Reporting webpage to document the number of individuals you trained. The NEW URL is available at: https://www.acep.org/emsweek/cprchallenge/