Chris and Kelly know a solid partnership is built on a foundation of respect.
There are many things that go into creating a successful partnership. Chris Cebollero and Kelly Grayson, hosts of the “Inside EMS” podcast on EMS1, offer these five suggestions on creating the best partnership possible.
1. Accept your partner for who they are—knowing they may have different beliefs, values and morals. You don’t have to agree with them, but they should be respected as individuals.
2. The way you handle a call is a skill like any other. Develop the best process to conduct the best patient assessment possible.
3. Your partner is the most important person to your success as a provider. Sometimes we hear bad things about the person we are scheduled to work with. Don’t allow other peoples’ opinions of an individual influence you. Take the time to make your own opinions and work through any challenges or personality differences yourself.
4. Conflict is inevitable when you have a partnership. When conflict occurs, put yourself in the other person’s shoes and try to see the conflict from their position. Most of the time, conflict is secondary to a miscommunication.
5. A solid and successful partnership is built on a foundation of respect. When you respect your partner, you will develop into a cohesive team. Never bad-mouth your partner to anyone. It only sets you in a bad light.
Catch Chris and Kelly on the Inside EMS podcast, available for download on iTunes, SoundCloud and via RSS feed.